Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ok this isn't funny anymore...

Answers come slowly when you are waiting for them!!

I remember the drive to Braeside camp as a kid seemed...it felt like such a LONG ride. I was always looking forward to being there. I had friends from all over Ontario there. Friends I didn't see anywhere else, just camp! My mind was already there playing and hanging out, before we even left the house. Strangely enough, when we would be on our way home the ride seemed to take no time at all! I didn't want to go...i did not want to reach the destination!!

Then there was Christmas Eve...the longest night in the world!!!! I would wake up at 2, 3 , 5 and then 6am...I would never go back to sleep...anticipating the incredible morning that seemed to never want to arrive!!! The day...after the presents seemed...well, a little faster!!

I have felt a little like that over the last couple days, weeks and months!! Actually it has been 8 months....

Dreams that I truly believe God placed inside of me, have been placed on hold while God molds me and teaches me and trains me and...OK - I am good!! I have had enough character building to last a lifetime!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the things that I have learned...the places emotionally I have had to go and the things I have seen have completely changed me...my motives, my plans, the reasons why - have all come into focus!! HIS WILL, HIS TIMING, HIS ANSWER - NOT MINE!!!

I submit to HIS Will and HIS TIMING!!!! I will take a bullet to see JAMES 1:27 become my life!! I am sick of living for me!! I want HIS purpose for my life and I feel that this last 8 months of HELL, have been the greatest testing ground of my life!

Now, I am not suggesting that my testing ground is any harder than yours...this blog, these stories and this reality for me has NEVER been about comparison. There are many many millions of people that go through a lot harder stuff...but from my perspective, God has challenged me, stretched me, even taken things from me - so that i would be ready to deal with what is about to transpire...

I can only tell you at this point...the end is near, the fat lady is warming up, and i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pardon...what's that...oh cool, that fat lady is entering the building...she is about to take centre stage!!!!! OH HOW I WANT TO BE READY!!!

SO - the announcement will be postponed for another couple days...It will be worth the wait!! I PROMISE YOU!!

kp

1 comment:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Ahhhh, Braeside. I remember it well.

I keep checking your blog and facebook, just waiting for the announcement. I'm excited for you!!!!!!!