Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The first blog...

To get some background on my other blogs and notes goto my facebook page...but this is now going to be my official BLOG!!!

Those of you just tuning in...WELCOME! here we go....

OK - i have had an interesting summer to say the least. I have endured hard times and I have had some incredible times. I want to start from this premise...
1. Jesus Christ is in fact my Saviour!
2. I do trust HIM only!!
3. I plead for HIS wisdom and guidance more than anything
4. My life is not my own, I am simply a vessel to do what HE has called me to
5. This BLOG/NOTES is my transparent confession of how I live out my faith!

You know it is funny, each blog or note that I write taken on it's own will only give the reader a glimpse into a moment of my life...I want to allow those of you that do not know me to get a BIG picture of who I am and what I stand for...

The first thing I want you to understand is this - I am nothing without Jesus Christ in my life!! Anything I have I owe to HIM and anything I accomplish is only by HIS grace!! I have chosen to die to self and allow Christ to live in me!!

NOW - having said that...I am not very good at living that out everyday...That is one of the reasons I write this blog. I love being able to be open and honest and just tell it like it is...even if it appears that I have lost my mind or my salvation!!!

Often times in the church, leaders (without really trying to do this...) present this front of perfection. They would never state it as such, and they would correct you if you suggested that...BUT the reality of it is this...We do not talk about our feelings of disappointment, or our feelings of being ticked off with God, or our feelings of being confused. Without meaning to we have built a culture inside the church that says "live up to this standard or else do not come in..." then we mess up, look like hypocrites and give many an excuse not to want what we have!!

My goal in writing this is to allow dialogue about the disappointments of life as well as the joy and peace we find in HIM!

If you take any piece of the Bible on it's own you can create a very misguided theology. BUT - when taken as a piece of the whole and understood in context it all makes sense!!

Often we make choices that are right and pure and Godly - they do not always FEEL great though. Our flesh rises up and challenges us!! If we are not honest with ourselves we can fall into Satan's trap...

SO - what is my point today? Well I guess it is to give you a better glimpse of who I am and why i write these notes...

Especially when I am front of people so much, my music and my life need to be authentic. I never want to be a different person off the stage and on it! I don't want to have to live my life wondering...who am i today, is this STAGE Kevin or just me?? I also want to make sure you know that I mess up all the time, make poor decisions, and the list goes on!!

I also want to live my spiritual struggles out in the open...I figure if I am feeling it, than most people have or are currently feeling it too!!

I pray that my rantings and musings and thoughts are uplifting - though provoking - troubling sometimes and yes, every once in a while - AMUSING!!!

till i feel inspired again!! have a great day...and welcome to the start of school!!

Kevin

1 comment:

sharon said...

Kevin greetings to you and your family your blog is both inspiring and amusing infact i was quite shocked I didn't know there was anyone else out there that loves christ like myself but still feel empty forgotten at times It's funny this is the kind of conversation i tend to have with myself My daughter's often ask me who I'm talking to. you know i often challenge God to the point i have to say sorry I just hope he accepts it. Church is another story maybe another time .Stay blessed thanks Sharon.