Tuesday, October 13, 2009

the debate continues...CHURCH

Well, I must say that this created more dialogue than I anticipated! That must mean that we are all interested in why we exist as a corporate body we call the "church" as as individuals that we also call the "church"...

Individually and corporately we have a purpose and a calling...

Here is what I want to challenge everyone to do. I have my opinions and I know that each of you all have your opinions...What I am longing for is scriptural backing for my opinion or scriptural backing on why I should change my opinion.

I totally do not need to find out I am right. I also have no desire to allow my ego to determine how I will interpret the scriptures. I have grown up in the church. I was brought up in a PAOC church and have been attending a PAOC church all my life. Because I travel so much I have had the honour of ministering in almost every denomination there is...mainline denomination as well as evangelical. Catholic and Protestant. I can also tell you that no church corners the market on the move of the spirit, and no "church" is perfect...SO - it is in that spirit I ask that if you make a comment or have a idea or would like to add to this debate as I work through this with everyone, that you back up your idea or comment with scripture. Let's remove the "opinion" from the debate. Let's also try to not be RIGHT??? That is tough. BUT if you enter a debate already establishing that you are RIGHT...you are not debating or discussing...you are FIGHTING!!

So, I will post the opening paragraphs of my paper this week and will establish my thesis...and then I will bring forth the scriptures that back up my position...

I am really anxious for the comments and the debate...remember MY GOAL IS TO FIND TRUTH!! I do not care if I am right...I care that we find out what GOD truly intended for HIS people...HIS CHURCH!!!

Thanks for your involvement in this debate...your input and debate is crucial if we are TOGETHER to find out the TRUTH!!

kevin

No comments: