Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolutions - Good or Bad or Who Cares?

2009 has started on a positive note. I did not really write a list of resolutions that I will never complete or stick to, but I did have a few things I needed to change in my life!! (maybe I am the only one)

i thought this year I will keep them to myself and try to start to making slow and methodical changes and see if i can keep it up and actually make some positive changes in my life. I started by trying to take better care of my wife's car...look after it, maintain it, clean it and brush the snow off, start it for her in the mornings...stuff like that...things that will make her know how much I love her. SCORE - 7/10

I wanted to keep my voice down and remain in control when I speak to my kids...earn their respect and not just keep them in fear...speak softly, love on them more...encourage and build them up. SCORE 7/10

work out and eat better...this one I have actually written a goal down and even though the first 3 bootcamps have been horrible...i feel a little better and am determined to make it a life-style and not just a temporary fix!! SCORE 9/10

i could go on with self improvement ideas and things I need to change...but what I have noticed is that i did not start out of the gate like a crazed animal and fall away 3 days later...I am trying something new...caution...slow...smart mental goals...achievable goals...you know, things that trainers and life coaches tell us to do - that I never listen to...

I am really enjoying focusing on change. The more time I spend thinking and contemplating my life and where I am, and where I would like to be...the more focused energy I can have on those specific things (am i making any sense??)

I know where I am. I know what I think of me. I know how I feel. Am I allowing any of this information to lead my future...

Am I where I want to be?
Do others think the same things of me as I do..is my perspective flawed?
Do I have energy or drive to accomplish the things I need to accomplish to get the desired results?

I really love this time of year for this purpose...reflecting and moving forward!!

This year I will try to put less pressure on myself and look inwardly and respond correctly! I do not want another 2008...I am excited about the future...I want my 40's to be the best decade of my life!! (minus the first year of my 40's)

Have a great 2009...or at least a good January!!!!

kevin

1 comment:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I meant to comment when I first read this. I just love how real and transparent you are.