Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i got soemthing to say...

today i want to say something...but what!??!?? I have so many things rattling around in my head today. Decisions and opportunities are coming at me at a good pace...this past 10 days have seen a lot of calls asking me to sing...Dallas, Atlantic City, Florida, Vancouver...Bands that want to work with me and have me put together their tour stage show...Churches that want me to come in and teach and work with their worship teams...

Now - I am not complaining at all...This is what I have worked for. This is the benefit of being around after 20 years. I am still doing what I love to do. I also don't share this to "brag". Anyone that is involved in any one industry or field of work for 20 years has the same number of opportunities. This is not about the phone ringing...it is about which ones to take!

How do you do it all? How do you fill your calendar with the "best" stuff and which opportunities do you say no to? These are hard questions. You say no to one, it doesn't pan out the way you thought and then you have an open slot on your calendar and all of a sudden the onslaught of "opportunities" is not there!

I have gone through this cycle...you get a plethora of calls and opportunities and you pick and choose and try to do as many as you can, and you think that it is finally working...than those chances come and go and you are left with an empty calendar and wondering how you fill the next month!!

This is the cycle and life of a musician. Most I know live like this and that is it! They just say, this is life and I have to learn to live with it...much like any of you would do in your profession. You find that groove, you see how your life unfolds and you fit in and roll with it!!!!

I have been trying to "buck" the system for the last number of years. Trying to be involved in more that just doing concerts...working as a performance coach (Live Music Producer), teaching and speaking at conferences, recording etc...

Being involved in many aspects of music has been great. It has forced me to become knowledgeable in many parts of the music business. Starting my own label, publishing company and production company has also been incredibly challenging...

I do not want to sit still...2009 is going to be an incredible year of opportunity...I am about to add to my list - author! 2008 as I have mentioned was horrible in many ways...but I really feel that it laid the groundwork for a positive 2009!!!

Thanks for letting me ramble...

Kevin

1 comment:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

You are welcome! Thanks for rambling.