Friday, January 30, 2009

new hope for a new day...

do you ever get to the point where you give up! You have had enough and said "forget it I quit!!" Well I got to that point several times last year. If any of you have followed my blogs over the last 10 months you have journeyed a little with me and know that 2008 NEVER HAPPENED!!! (we didn't see anything...if you saw Madagascar, you got this!!)

There were many days when packin' it in seemed like the only solution. Becoming a garbage man (not that there's anything wrong with that) and moving into a 1 bedroom apartment and selling my home my car and van...and at least one of my kids!! (LOL) looked like a good option!! I felt as though HOPE had left the building. It is amazing that power of HOPE! It is equally as powerful positively as it is negatively...it can lift you up like nothing else, and the absence of hope can drag you into the pit of despair.

My wife told me of an interview that she saw with Tom Hanks. Tom Hanks is one of my favourite (Canadian spelling!!) actors! In this interview he was asked about his "secret of success" He stopped and paused...thought about it, and then very calmly stated this..."I'm still here!" He went on to explain...He felt that he was not the most talented or the most gifted actor. Others that he had worked with, in his opinion, were far better actors...BUT THEY ALL QUIT AND HE WAS STILL THERE!!!

It would appear that perseverance pays a great dividend. The rewards of looking back over a hellish year and realizing that you are still breathing, your family still lives with you, your wife still loves you, and you still have the ability to dream...is very gratifying!!

I know that we all go through stuff and that we all have our own mountains to climb. The most important thing that I learned this last year was that if you want something bad enough...if you dream hard enough, and are determined, and you don't listen to those who say you can't...YOU WILL FIND A WAY!!

So - I have hope for 2009. I have seen what hope does...how it lifts my spirit, how it re-focuses my activities and how just the faint bit of hope can change my entire day!!

So - feeling like you need some hope...need to find some inspiration to get through today!! check this out: www.lifewithoutlimbs.org

if you can watch any of his videos, see his circumstances, and listen to his story and not find hope in your own life...you are already dead!!

Have a wonderful day...find hope today...HOPE, true HOPE is only found in the Lord Jesus Christ...He is the very definition of HOPE!!

Kevin Pauls

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Our pastor spoke a couple weeks ago on the thought that Faith and Fear are BOTH a belief in something that hasn't happened yet. You get to choose Faith or Fear. So true! Keep the faith ... keep dreaming!