Thursday, March 25, 2010

DAY 4 - THE CHALLENGE!

Inspired is how I would describe myself today. Spent the morning with my family, and when the kids went off to school, Wendy and I ate breakfast and chatted about our dreams and what they look like...our goals and how we will get there...focused on the positive...read a few inspiring stories (actually - we watched them on YOUTUBE) The success stories of the rich people of the DRAGON's DEN TV Show...they had nothing and made it big...

I love the underdog story...I love the people that had everything stripped away and somehow they found the strength and the belief to make it happen!!

I want to find that inner strength again! Now - before you get all up in my face about $ not being everything and that $ doesn't define success...YOU ARE RIGHT!! But, poverty isn't where I want to be either!!

I want to fulfill the dreams and the goals placed inside of me!! I want to see the passion come out again...the passion that dreamed the dreams...and saw the goals as finished...come alive again! Well, that is all apart of this CHALLENGE!!

I want to eat right - so I feel better, more energy! I want to exercise and work out so I feel better and gain discipline! I want to fill my mind with good thoughts, motivational thoughts, scripture - God stories!! I know the bad and the ugly happens...I am just a little tired of that being my focus!!

My life needs to re-engage with what I grew up with...I CAN DO ANYTHING I SET MY MIND TO!!! Is that new age? NOT AT ALL!!

God set the universe in motion - God put the universal laws in place...there is LOTS of evidence that prove we are what we think we are! I choose to look at life in a positive manner! I choose to FOCUS on the positive!!

I choose to make a conscious effort to be better in ALL areas of my life!!

I have let people down...I have hurt people...I have acted with lack of integrity and honesty...I have broken promises...I have done a lot of things that go against my core values (to borrow a phrase from Tiger Woods - not his actions, just the phrase!!!!)

I choose to draw a line in the sand...I WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! I WILL BE BETTER!!!

If you are honest - if we are all honest...this journey needs company...and we can all be better by being honest - and turning around and seeing ourselves the way we are - and starting to point in the direction of where we want to be!!!!!

This journey - after 42 years...is about to get interesting!!!!!

JOIN THE CHALLENGE!!!!

Kevin

1 comment:

Overthinking Mama said...

Good Luck on you challange.. I am sure you can do it and I cant wait to see all the changes in the future!

God Bless