Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our Perspective

Today I sit wondering about a lot of things...Where will I be in 5 years? Will I have enough to put my kids through college or university? Will Wendy and I be as happy in 20 more years as we are today? What legacy am I leaving? Why, What...you know, the questions we ask when we are pondering our life and our purpose...the tough questions that I like to ask myself a lot! My life is far from being perfect but I ask these tough questions quite a bit, and I do think it helps me stay focused...even when it looks like I should go a different direction...ANYWAY - I digress...

The reason for writing today is this...while engaged in my own world and contemplating life from my perspective, the thought occurred to me...THERE IS A LOT OF PAIN OUT THERE!! Wendy and I have our own issues and finances as many of you know is one of our main concerns...BUT overall, the BIG things in life that matter have been OK! I stopped as I attempted to write that last comment...I don't want to "jinx" it!! (kidding) Wendy and I feel very blessed, and I NEVER want to take that lightly!!

But I can tell you that I have quite a few friends that have the money things down and life is falling in around them. Divorce, un-planned pregnancy, alcohol and drug abuse, family discord, health issues, relationships falling apart, hopelessness...and the list goes on!

It breaks my heart to see my friends go through stuff. I know it forces me to step back and really take stock in what I have. Money issues seem so small in the scheme of life!

I have my kids, my wife and we all love each other...I need to remember that perspective...take stock and pray and love those around me that are struggling.

I never want to be so self absorbed that I miss the hurting around me...Perspective!!

count your blessings today!!

Kevin

No comments: