Thursday, April 23, 2009

hey daddy...you want to help me?

OK - so I was reading a book that I thought was a joke...or at least it was turned into a bit of a joke the way the "christian industry" tried to market it...but anyway...the first chapter was amazing and worth discussing. But first let me tell you a quick story...

There is a father, and a son. The Father and the son have been seeing things from a different perspective for the last year or so. The father says it's black the son says white! The father suggests that this is not a good decision, and the son uses that as a cue to make it happen! Choices, decisions, actions, follow a path not prescribed by the father. The father is sad, hurt and anxious for the son's future. The son is 21, and able to make his own decisions. He has his own life to lead...inspite of what the father has advised!!

One day...the son comes to the house and asks to see the father. "Dad, we need to talk...I need your help!" I need your help!! - AFTER ALL YOU HAVE DONE YOU EXPECT ME TO DO WHAT??? HELP YOU???

Is that the father's reaction? No it is not...the father, so moved by the son's request, ambraces the son and says, "how can i help you?"

The father did not demand anything, he simply helped...

I wonder if our earthly father and son relationship, really mirrors that of our heavenly father and us. He says in the bible that if the sinful father gives stuff to his kid, how much more would the heavenly father give good gifts...You know the son understood that he needed help from his dad! His dad is not about to throw him a bone when he asks for a steak!! NOW - some of you are saying, "You don't know my dad!" You are right I do not! But I do know the analogy...The heavenly father created this whole father/son thing to represent the way it supposed to be...if in my flawed state I WOULD GIVE GOOD GIFTS...the bible says HOW MUCH MORE WOULD HE GIVE GOOD GIFTS!!!

SO - I look at that concept and wonder...how many times do I not allow myself to sit at my heavenly father's feet and ask for help, ask him to bless me, ask him to fix my situation!!

Steven Curtis Chapman put it this way (i am paraphrasing) "sitting in a puddle when I could be swimming in the ocean..." we often do not understand who our father is!! often...that is the understatement of the year! I VERY RARELY UNDERSTAND WHO GOD IS!!!

I want to dream and cast vision as though my father is who He said He was!! I want to sit at His feet and say bless me!! I want to dream as though there are no limitations to the dream HE PLACED IN ME!

I am an heir to HIS Kingdom!! NOW - do not get me wrong...I am no prosperity preacher, but I have, for far too long!!, denied myself, sold myself short, because of my own limitations...

I want to, without abandon, dream and cast vision of the things God has placed in my being!! HE has birthed good things in me...now I need to step up to the plate and allow them to sink in...and ask the father " daddy will you help me fulfill what you have called me to!!"

THAT IS THE GOD I SERVE!!!

No comments: