Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Day After

The morning after a show always feels so draining...The show replays over and over in my mind all night...usually not sleeping well! Actually, eating at night after the show probably contributes to the "no sleeping"!!

I love how my mind works. It doesn't matter how well the show goes or how the response of the crowd is...I usually replay the show and find all the things I did wrong. I can find a lot every show!! I have been doing this for a long time but I have yet to perfect the art of performing. I teach performance, work with bands and help them with their live performance and yet I can't perfect my own show. It is hard when you know it can be better. I think it can always be better! That does not mean I am not satisfied with the results of a show...or happy with the way the show went...in fact I was very happy with the way the show went last night (except for Oh Sherrie - don't sing that when you are sick...that is all I am gonna say!!) The show last night was great, my band and back up singers were amazing.

I never want to be satisfied with the performance...I always want to improve! That said...I did have a lot of fun last night. The crowd was into it, the music was good and I was surrounded by my band and singers...it's all good!!

I am getting ready to fly out to Alberta this weekend...without the band :( I will have a great time...I love Alberta!!

I am busy with the Easter Presentation this week and next in Brampton at KRT. That church is amazing...Wonderful people...great staff. I am thrilled to be working with them!

well I must go...dealing with the day after a show...lots to do!

Talk soon,

Kevin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin: 'Oh Sherrie' was awesome, sick or no....don't sell yourself short! That was my first Kevin Paul's concert and I am now a devoted fan!