Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Conspiracy & Jesus - My take...

I see a lot of people focusing a great deal of energy on "conspiracy theories"! A lot of people are addicted to social media and the drama surrounding this "so-called" conspiracy. It makes for good television...it can create drama and excitement during your boredom. BUT...is it helpful? Even if the theories are true...is it helpful??

I am focused on one group of people...Those of you that claim to follow Jesus! Please know that the opinions expressed are mine. I am simply working this out in my own life, and since I claim to be a follower of Jesus...i am asking this question for myself as well.

What is my goal during this pandemic? As a follower of the ways of Jesus, what should my focus be? The constitution of our country? The financial well being of our nation? The front-line workers? The news and media outlets? Should I get caught up in the drama of "GET BACK TO WORK" or "This is a HOAX" or "It's not as bad as they say" or "The world will never be the same"...and the list of bombastic statements continue...

What is the posture I want to take? What is helpful? What is the best way I can represent Christ in crisis? Pandering to the extreme right or left politically doesn't seem to be very helpful. Spreading fear and anxiety doesn't appear to be the right solution. Pretending it's not really that bad - that doesn't feel right either...so what't left to do?

Here is where I choose to land.
1. I will not try to be a doctor or pretend I know anything about this pandemic from a medical perspective.
2. I will calmly abide by the ruling of those who seem to know far more than I do.
3. I choose to attempt to bring life and hope to a dark situation with positive comments & hopeful statements
4. I want to find those that need a boost emotionally or spiritually and give them that boost.
5. I want to take this time to reBrand me and all that I do...professionally, personally and spiritually.
6. I want to remove the things from my life that are not life giving!
7. I want to reFocus on the things in my life that bring JOY, HOPE, GRACE & FORGIVENESS.
8. I want to think before I act - with mercy, kindness and love.
9. I need to take seriously the time we have and find out ways to make others more important than me.
10. I need to remember in all things - that I represent Jesus Christ. IF i choose to follow Him and IF I choose to tell people I follow Him...than I need to start acting like it!!

Rant is officially over (for today!

Kevin

6 comments:

Christopher Redner said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

I’m with you Kev

Anonymous said...

Excellent rant, can’t agree with you more!

Unknown said...

Man I wish I could rant as good as that. Mine usually sounds more negative. I guess an old dog still can learn new things. Thanks for sharing that. And did you notice that I am responding to something. lol
Not a common practice. Always room for improvement. You are a great son in law and I love you.

Ken said...

What a great post. I feel the same way as you do. I'm tired of people, including Pastors that are posting stuff about how everything that is going on today is part of a conspiracy.

Do I have your permission to share this blog on Facebook?

Ken

Kevin Pauls said...

KEN - YES please share...