Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pardon...was that a whisper I heard??

hold on a minute...shhhhhh...i think I hear something...QUIET, I'm serious!! I think I actually might have heard something from God!! YES, there it is...and it's...gone! SHOOT! I almost had it...it was so close!

i think that God is teaching me to rest in His timing. I think God is softly and gently placing people, thoughts and visions into my life that are all starting to make sense...does that sound too mystical? too...out there? I know that God speaks...I know that because He has directed me in the past. I think I know His voice...well, at times I think I know His voice. But I can tell you that His voice will never contradict His Word...it might contradict mine!!

I have been sitting back over the last few weeks and watching this "story" unfold...The story that I have teased most of you with...that is because it is still a work in progress...This was to have a conclusion last May, June, July, August...up until yesterday...now 6 weeks from now...I promise, when I tell this story it will make a good movie...or at least a good book.

But in the midst of all of this uncertainty in my life there is a calm...a peace, and a sense that God has my back. I don't need to understand the last couple years...or question the calling in my life...I just need to simply rest in the fact that HE called me and He will promote me to the next place I am to be...

SO - Here I sit, 3 CD's I need to finish, a Canadian Tour I need to finish, and a USA tour that needs to happen, and a UK tour that is planned for early 2010...I don't know how this will all happen. BUT, I felt that this is the plan and the way I was to dream...so hear i sit...dreaming!! NOW - it is time to focus and make this stuff happen...no more sitting and waiting. I have heard enough to suggest that I can walk out in faith and allow HIS plan to take shape!!

I feel so excited and encouraged...God is in the drivers seat...not me! THAT IS A GOOD THING!

talk soon,

Kevin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will be praying for you as you keep waiting and listening for direction. gabriele