Saturday, May 28, 2011

Really? You want to go there??

Did you just say that? Seriously? You want to take on that topic online? REALLY??

I was wondering if this kind of controversial opening line hooked you or did you just read on because you wanted to? What did you think I was going to talk about? Sex, Religion, Downloading music? Did you say downloading music??

Yeah...that's right I said it! I am curious...Do you think that downloading music for FREE (without the writer or the performer saying it's ok) is wrong.

Now let's just say it was legal (which is not...it is stealing!!) BUT - because of the amount of this going on I have a couple questions. I would love to understand your thoughts about the following:

1. Do you feel ok about not paying for music?
2. Do you think the law should and will change?
3. Are you more willing to go see an artist in concert if you like their music that you tried for free?
4. Would you consider paying for the entire CD if the price was right and it was easy?
5. What price point would a CD have to be for you to pay for it rather than download it for free??

I know the music biz is changing...I would love to know your thoughts. Be honest...there is no judgement here...the landscape is changing and I would like to see what your opinion is!

Thanks for your time to discuss this topic!!

Kevin

No comments: