Tuesday, October 14, 2008

happy??

all i want to say today is this...if I cannot be happy when things are going terribly wrong, than I will not have the ability to be happy when things are going well!!

in the midst of all this "stuff" that is going on in the life of my family...if I don't decide to be happy...i will not be able to be "happy" when things turn around.

Things will always turn around and the best way to deal with life is to be happy in and out of bad times...easier said than done!!

BUT - when I am coaching a band or a soloist and we are rehearsing a show...I tell them to do certain things in rehearsal. Often I get this response, I can't do it here, there is no audience...I can turn it on when the audience is there!! IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!! When the nerves kick in and the mind goes blank, you always revert to what you know...what you have practiced. NOW, if you have already got bad habits, than you need to practice 10x's harder to break those habits and to create new ones...

If you have relied upon circumstances to make you happy, it will take a lot of work to re-learn the art of being happy!

I need to re-learn that art. I need to be happy when life sucks and when life is grand!! Because even though I don't feel it...God is always in control, and ultimately...does anything else really matter??

so..."don't worry, be happy!!"

kevin

2 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

SO true!! Thanks for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

True and with christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm. Thanks.